PDA

View Full Version : timing

gilbertmonchat
06-12-2005, 17:17
how to make the timing at -1.94 myself, can i have the good procedure, i put the turbo-master boost controller and the chip from HEALTdiesel one week ago and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW...WOW..WOW the guy's are really simpatic, and helpful and the product make the difference, THANK BILL HEATH....

I have some pictures of the installation, but i don't know how to put on the site!!

GMC Hauler
06-12-2005, 17:44
Reviewing some previous rocky posts, I'm glad you ended up satisfied.

You can actually set the TDC offset yourself to an extent, but you have to be able to read it. You either need a Tech-II which is a dealer tool that costs $2500+, or one of two laptop programs that allow you to read TDC offset (about $100 and $300) (autoenginuity or carcode). If you don't need a laptop program to do maintenance yourself, I recommend a trip to the dealer. Tell them where you want TDC offset set to. They will resist at first, mainly because this is not in the GM Service manual's recommended spec. This is the cheapest way, and the easiest.

gilbertmonchat
06-12-2005, 18:09
hello GMC hauler,

can the timing make a great difference,

GMC Hauler
06-12-2005, 18:34
From everything I've read, not really. I believe Ronniejoe tested this out and found only a few HP difference.

JohnC
06-13-2005, 08:10
Setting the timing yourself and the computer programs all only work on ODB II ('96 and up) trucks. with the '95 a Tech I or Tech II are the only options, AFAIK.