PDA

View Full Version : KD 6.5 Exhaust expectations?

AndyL
11-17-2003, 11:42
After much searching it seems that Kennedy Diesel is the place. I am considering the full exhaust for my '99 6.5TD with the cat bypass option. What can I expect from this system? Anyone have before and after dyno results? How about seat of the pants?

Thanks, Andy.

dslpwr
11-17-2003, 14:38
You will get some hp gain, but will lower exhaust temp.
It will not make that more power but it the first place to start other than boost and egt gages

Barry Nave
11-17-2003, 14:41
The sound alone is worth it.
Now you can add power that you can feel. :cool:

MikeC
11-17-2003, 17:36
Yes sireeeeeee!

The sound is worth it. My wife tells me how much she likes it at least once a trip :rolleyes:

Mike

BuffaloGuy
11-17-2003, 18:44
It made a very noticable differnce on mine and I didn't have a cat. I had to turn my turbo master way down after the install beacuse the boost kept pegging the gauge! Well worth it and the sound is way cool!

matt-max
11-17-2003, 19:27
got one on the 99 tahoe. first mod i did and made a very noticeable improvement in response and power. very noticeable. did not back it up with dyno

sound is flat out awesome. friend with a dmax with a banks on it dropped his jaw when he heard it. girlfriend loves it. there is some resonanance at certain rpm, but not where i typically drive, and even then not annoying.

have the bd 4" on another truck with 6.5. it sounds good, like a big block gasser. got the jk 4" on my dmax. this sounds better than either

matt

charliepeterson
11-17-2003, 19:36
No regrets here. I can hear the turbo "whistle" with the windows up. I lost 100* on the pyro and gained 5lbs of boost. I love the sound too.