PDA

View Full Version : Any word on the improved heat transfer pad?

Dimsdale
08-15-2003, 11:45
I have been checking every once in a while, but the improved FSD heat transfer pad that Beta Machines said would be out by the end of July hasn't shown up yet. Anyone hear anything?

Kennedy
08-15-2003, 13:36
There was something said about a delay, or update, but truth be told, I do not use the current transfer pad, and don't intend to use the new one.

More Power
08-15-2003, 14:58
I received a few sample heat-transfer pads from BETA a couple weeks ago. www.dieselservices.com (http://www.dieselservices.com) should have them now or very soon.

MP

autocrosser
08-15-2003, 17:57
I think using the heat transfer compound used in the electronics industry for solid state devices is far better than the pad. It's messy stuff but gives total coverage to the heatsink connection.

CareyWeber
08-16-2003, 10:06
Originally posted by kennedy:
There was something said about a delay, or update, but truth be told, I do not use the current transfer pad, and don't intend to use the new one. John,

What do you use?

Carey

kowsoc
08-17-2003, 23:24
I agree! For computer chips such as CPU's it is always recommended to remove the factory heat transfer tape and use a heatsink compound for best performance.

Kennedy
08-18-2003, 15:52
John,

What do you use?

Carey Dielectric grease or better yet heat sink compound. Never found a transfer pad under an ingnition module...