PDA

View Full Version : Did I get screwed???

MM9135
08-15-2003, 22:18
Anyone ever use gmpartsdirect.com?

I just gave them two orders this week totaling over $500 and their site shows special order on one and processing for the last two days on the other. I have emailed their customer service twice over the last two days asking when to expect shipment and they have yet to return my email.

rustypig
08-16-2003, 07:54
No, I wouldn't say you got screwed, you just found out the three disadvantages to using gmpartsdirect.com
1. High additional cost for shipping added in.
2. SLOW shipping
3. SLOW customer service

Only real advantages are low price, and availability of parts if you live in a place where you need to mail order anyway.

You'll get your parts, but you could grow a good beard while waiting for them to arrive.

autocrosser
08-16-2003, 08:08
They are part of a large corporation here in NC. they are dealers in a number of car brands. There may be more than one group associated with them. To the best of my knowledge it's Flow automotive. I tried to order parts and pick them up myself as they are right here in town but you can't do that.

Kennedy
08-16-2003, 08:31
4. No technical support.

MM9135
08-16-2003, 10:42
Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. I guess I will wait and consider it a lesson learned.

Sorry Mr.K, I was unaware that you stock GM parts. However, I am about to order shocks from you.

Kennedy
08-16-2003, 12:29
Originally posted by MM9135:
Sorry Mr.K, I was unaware that you stock GM parts. However, I am about to order shocks from you. No bigee. As a result of companies like GMPD and posts like the one about cooling system parts breakdowns and GMPD pricing, I have dropped most of the GM stuff except for packages and a few odds/ends.

Kinda like the same effect Wal-Mart/Sam's Club has on the small hardware stores...