PDA

View Full Version : gmpartsdirect.com

MM9135
08-16-2003, 07:32
Has anyone ever used these people before? I am getting concerned after giving my CC and they will no longer respond to my emails. HELP!!

triggerman
08-18-2003, 10:21
I don't know about those folks; but I will tell you, I use Van Chevrolet down in NM and its a straight 30% off ALL GM parts. They ship fast. I found them through parts.com and have been real happy with their service.

jspringator
08-18-2003, 12:27
I have had good experiences, but they are short on the "personal touch". When I e-mailed them to get a part # it took several days for them to to respond. I guess that is why the prices are so low.

DieselDavy
08-18-2003, 14:05
MM,
Those guys are just a little slow in responding to your questions. I wouldn't worry about it. I personally don't like their shipping and handling charge setup. They charge a per item amount. If you need six injectors for instance, they will charge you $10 per injector for s&h. I found rockauto.com to be priced right with these guys once you add the s&h. gmpartdirect states it could take 6 to 10 biz days to ship (usually doesn't) but it could! My last order from rockauto.com shipped (FedEx picked up) my order two (countem! 2) hours after I placed the order! I received the order 36 hrs after I placed it! gmpartsdirect was still trying to get back to me with part numbers when I had the parts in my hand! That will probably be the last I deal with them. They haven't done anything wrong...just not responsive enough when you need parts fast!
I'm sure they're stand up guys, just a little slow!
Dave

MM9135
08-18-2003, 21:18
Thanks for all of your input. Their customer service people sent me an email today after I threatened to call the CC company and stop payment. They talk like I will get my parts about a week from now. I think they are located in Winston-Salem, NC

BERT
08-19-2003, 07:48
I HAVE USED THEM PLENTY OF TIMES AND THEY ARE GREAT

britannic
08-19-2003, 08:52
I've had no problems with around 7 transactions to date, as already stated keep an eye on the per item S&H and compare with other suppliers, who may be more expensive, but will come out about the same price with cheaper shipping and handling.

LanceW
08-22-2003, 16:06
Well, my first experience with them isn't going so well. Ordered a headlight switch from them, looked the part # up on their site. They got it here pretty quickly, but I couldn't begin to tell you what this switch goes to. It ain't what I ordered.

Iill let you know how they are about dealing with it. So far, I can't say that I'm all that pleased.