PDA

View Full Version : New mod motor and 1 remaining issue

duluthsvo
10-18-2004, 17:44
I just returned my '95 GMC 3500 back into service with all the mods listed in my profile and it is definetly a different truck. Too many mods all at once to nail down which made the biggest improvement but I'm back believing that the 6.5 can be a capable motor. One issue left remaining in that the wires have become dislodged from the right Siemens relay located above the passenger side valve cover (green cage holding the 4 wires sheared). Can someone please inform me of the correct color to number pin order? Strangely enough, I believe that this ties into fuel quantity gage as it is the only area remaining in-op. DuluthSVO

duluthsvo
10-20-2004, 03:53
Nobody out there with a '95 that's willing to help? Could really use the help as the GM manuals don't define this wiring. Anyone?

Phil Holmen
10-20-2004, 09:14
I would give you a hand if you could expain tell me more where to look...

duluthsvo
10-20-2004, 10:19
Thanks for the offer....I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP. There are two square, 5 wire, Siemens relays located very high on the passenger side of the firewall (almost directly above the passenger side valve cover). Looking aft, from the front bumber, at the two relays, the left relay is for the front axel solenoid....the one to the right is monster I am after. The input I need is what color wires go to which spot on the relay (either by relay number or verbal by description). Would posting a picture of the firewall/relay help define the location or is this description acceptable? Thanks again for the help.

JohnC
10-20-2004, 14:41
I'm pretty sure the relay to which you refer is the start relay for the lift pump. It's covered in the manual under the lift pump circuit and isolated the starter control from the lift pump control.

duluthsvo
10-21-2004, 05:56
Replaced the Ops sensor when the engine was o-hauled and the lift pump circuit is complete and functioning fine with out the wires connected to the relay. I'll investigate this suggestion further, but I'd suspect the relay drives different or additional functions. Thanks DuluthSVO

JohnC
10-21-2004, 07:12
I was thinking of my '93. My '95 doesn't have any relays near the passenger's side valve cover. I doubt if GM used Seimans relays, so you may be looking at some sort of modification.

How about a picture?