PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil air filter users BEWARE!

Kollin Syverson
08-16-2003, 21:32
While servicing my truck tonight, I decided to check my Amsoil air filter which I installed about 1,000 miles ago. What I found did not impress me. The blue foam gasket came unglued from the filter and pulled inside the airbox allowing dirt to pass into the intake. Monday morning I am picking up a new paper filter and this POS Amsoil filter is going in the trash. Just thought I would pass this info on so no one else makes the same mistake.

JoeyD
08-16-2003, 21:38
I wouldn't throw it away. I have read about this problem before and I think Amsoil came out with a better design. I would call them and complain if in fact yours is defective.

john8662
08-18-2003, 18:34
I installed one in my 95 6.5 about 7k miles ago, I noticed that the last time I serviced it (first time actually) that the rubber was just starting to pull off the metal mesh a little bit. It wasn't to the point of leaking. Is this someting that will be warrantied? Just want to know if someone else has had this start to happen and it was warrantied..

Scott D
08-18-2003, 19:19
I have been using an Amsoil air filter for about 3 years with and I have nothing to complain about. I replaced my K&N with the Amsoil and I feel like I get better filtration with the Amsoil filter; it fits much tighter than the K&N did.

LanduytG
08-18-2003, 19:44
Do not throw it away. Get a hold of the dealer that sold it to you and get them to replace it. If everyone gets ****ed and throws it away without complaining it will never get better.

Greg

JoeyD
08-19-2003, 05:14
Greg, I am not sure if you have seen the K&N filter for the 96-00 C/K's but it is what the Amsoil should look like. It has a positive seal that could not be installed wrong.

LanduytG
08-19-2003, 06:24
Joey D
What he is talking about is a panel filter. The 96 and up took the long round filter. You can't put this in wrong either. I just got one for my 95 and it is much better for sealing than the old filter was.

Greg