PDA

View Full Version : Body Lift Kit for 1994 Diesel PU?

Mudtrekker
11-18-2003, 13:40
I love my 6.5TD but hate the way it sits so low, even compaired to my old beater F250 work truck. The ride is very good and ground clearence isn't an issue so I need to find a 3" body lift kit to give it a bit more height so I won't have to look up at all these SUVs around here.

Problem is all the kits I have found say they won't fit a diesel! Why is that? What kind of differences are there tween gas and diesel bodies that I can't find a diesel lift kit for my truck?

Anyone have any idea where I could get a body lift kit made for a diesel?

TIA,
JC.

Phil Holmen
11-18-2003, 15:48
I was told that the body lifts do not fit properly on the diesels due to the width of the motor and clearance on the inner fender wells...

HowieE
11-18-2003, 18:26
If its a fender problem lift the engine with the body. You should only need to make lifts for the motor mounts and trans mount. Fan will remain centered in the shroud. As with any lift remember to chen the new drive line angle to be sure it is within the range for the u joints.

whatnot
11-18-2003, 21:01
I have one in mine but I don't know the brand since I bought the truck with it already in.

matt-max
11-20-2003, 17:33
save yourself a ton of $ and do a 2.75-2" front lift via torsion bars and then do 2" blocks in the back. cost you $50 for alignment, $75 for the rear lift.

matt