PDA

View Full Version : Parts & Upgrades

Machina
08-17-2003, 02:33
Hi all,

I was just out on the net tonight dreaming, and came up with a few questions for you guys. First off, what type of aftermarket upgrades should I look into for a 1/2 ton 94 6.5TD that won't be used for heavy towing? I already have a K&N airfilter and a custom 4 inch exhaust, next I was thinking perhaps a powerchip and a Turbo Master from heath diesel. Any better suggestions?

Also, this one is a little out there, but do you guys know where I could find black diamond plate accessories? I really want to find some black diamond plate toolboxes and bed rails. Thanks

~Cory

Dvldog 8793
08-17-2003, 07:00
Howdy
Weatherguard is, in my humble opinion, the best toolboxes made. You should be able to find them on the web. I have all black stuff and didn't have any problems finding it from local parts shops.
you might want to think about cleaning up and port matching your intake. This is pretty cheap mod and can make a difference. Especially if you have a EGR engine. It's mostly time and new gaskets, you should be able to do it in a day if you're a engine nut. Have you replaced the factory down pipe from the turbo? This is MAJOR source of restriction.
Have fun!
Conley