PDA

View Full Version : Details/exact specs for '97 cooling mods?

Steve O.
08-17-2003, 16:19
Wondering if anyone has specific details on the mods. Will have Avant do the high flow water pump and the dual thermostat setup on the new engine, but I need as *much* info on the rest of the job so my mechanic doesn't shoot me, or worse. Have I missed this here on TDP or does anyone have some other source?

Thanks

Steve

FirstDiesel
08-17-2003, 16:51
Start here:

http://www.62-65-dieselpage.com/members/guide15.htm

Steve O.
08-17-2003, 17:57
Thanks. Didn't dig deep enough I guess. Of course, I can't access that page for some reason. Password keeps getting rejected. Of course, I'm a member, (how could I be here if I wasn't), but since I can't access that page at the moment, any other input on this would be appreciated. (already emailed the admin)

Thanks

Steve

Scott D
08-18-2003, 19:35
Steve, I had a problem also when trying to go the the linked page above. The problem I had was that my user name and password from a couple years ago was the default one that came up when I clicked on the link. I don't know if that was the same problem that you had, but you might verify that you are using you latest user name/password and not just use what the default comes up with.

ucdavis
08-18-2003, 19:45
Also I believe usernames & passwords are case sensitive if that helps.

ucdavis
08-18-2003, 19:48
Also, the addition of '97+ cooling mods to older models has been covered in the Past Articles available on the Join Us page beginning w/one in the '97 past articles. If you're doing much work on these engines, you will find lots of great information in those articles. Well worth the price.