PDA

View Full Version : Warranty outside the US

twaddle
08-18-2003, 02:56
Several weeks ago there was a member from Switzerland who had been having trouble getting the fuel pump replaced under the extended 120,000 mile warranty because he was outside the US.
According to the the previous post the Swiss member had eventually found that he could get warranty.

I have a 1996 Suburban which has under 120,000 miles on it which has began stalling yet again.
I have in the past been told that I am unable to get warranty because the truck is considered a grey import here in the UK.
As it was never oficially imported into the UK I don't know how they can compare it to a normal official import.

With the trouble the forum has had recently I am unable to retrieve the post from the archives.
I'd be grateful if the Swiss member who did eventually get the warranty on the pump would get in touch with me with any names or departments in GM that he found helpful to him

Or if any of the European DP members who have imported a 6.5 vehicle into their country and had to replace the inj pump could contact me with info on how they got on with claiming warranty.

Jim Twaddle
Biggar, Scotland
twaddle@globalnet.co.uk