PDA

View Full Version : pleasant suprise.

WAPATI
08-18-2003, 08:39
I know at this point it isn't very accurate but, I was greatly suprised with a increase of fuel milage.

I installed John Kennedy's 3.5" exhaust system and have driven the first complete tank since it was filled.

Most of my driving is mixed and don't spend a lot of time on the highway except on vacations.

Normally it has been averaging around 14 mpg and this one tank averaged 16 mpg.

Big Red Suburban
08-18-2003, 10:33
Just curious, how long did it take you to do the install? Did you also upgrade the crossover pipe?

I'm thinking about getting that same exhaust kit.

Thanks...

MikeC
08-18-2003, 15:11
Big Red,

The install of my system took me less than 2 hours and I used my 11 year old son for about 10 minutes to hold the downpipe up to the turbo. Easy to do, just pay attention to the orientation of the sections and all will be good.

Mike

Cowracer
08-18-2003, 15:55
Just got my Kennedy exhaust! :D
Ordered on Friday, got here today. Fast work John.

Man are these pipes big. I knew they were 3 and a half inches in diameter, but until you see one in person you have no idea! You could easily roll a baseball through this thing.

Cant wait for the weekend to put it on!

Tim

Dvldog 8793
08-18-2003, 16:17
Howdy
About 2-3 hours is right depending in how carefull you remove the old system. I used my plasma cutter and it went fairly FAST. The only problem that I ran into was the turbo to downpipe clamp was stripped. The dealer had replaced my turbo about a month before so I blamed them. I had to cut the clamp off and then wait for a new one. The clamp is all stainless so it will strip easy. Take care when you tighten it.
Have fun!
L8r
Conley

WAPATI
08-21-2003, 09:46
It took me the better part of a day.

I don't have some of the tools some of these other guys have.

I rented a saws all from Home Depot to get the old pipes out.

That saved a lot of time.

You'll love it.

At first I installed the muffler for Maximum power and went back and changed it to the lower power due to too much noise in the cab.

Be careful about the pipe that goes over the axle if it isn't installed in the right direction the spare tire won't fit.