PDA

View Full Version : Hey, More Power "Sustain 10psi" clarification

cruzer
08-20-2003, 12:33
More Power or anybody in the know. In a previuos post to Cowracer,More Power said he should sustain 10psi w/o an intercooler. My question is:do you mean 10psi max w/a load pulling a hill or hard acceleration or 10psi going down a flat and level road,just cruzing?

I have an I/C and set Turbo Master at max 13-14psi max w/load or on heavy accelleration. Cruzing it is much lower, I would guess 5-8#s. I looked in Websters for the heck of it. Sustain=To keep in existence,maintain. I'm, just curious if I can or should turn up the Turbo Master a liitle
more. In all the old post Ive read this has never been really clearly defined.

My power is awsome thanks to TDP.

patrick m.
08-20-2003, 20:20
i believe he meant 10psi at heavy pull.
with an intercooler and a factory turbo, max "usable" boost seems to be 12 psi. more than 12psi just builds too much exhaust backpressure before the turbo.
i have adjusted mine many times and found i get no more power above 12psi. even at 15psi (which is the absolute max possible on my truck) i get no more power
i am leaning towards Kennedy's turbo upgrade, but waiting to hear about other options and experiences from the guys.

More Power
08-20-2003, 21:53
Let's say you're pulling a long grade with a trailer..... Try for a sustained 10 psi max for most of the hill. This is a high power demand situation. While cruising at highway speed unloaded, you might see 3-5 or so psi.

A momentary boost spike at say 11-14 isn't that important, it is the longer duration sustained boost pressure that I was referring to.

MP

BuffaloGuy
08-21-2003, 06:44
Hello More Power-
How about with an intercooler and the load and hill?

cruzer
08-21-2003, 15:23
Thanks for the responses. That's what I thought originally, and thats where I'm at.

PatrickM, I did have it set around 10-12 psi w/intercoller. I upped it to 13-14psi a did see an improvement in power when pulling. It holds speed better & helped EGTS slightly.