PDA

View Full Version : Code 1216 & 1217 Clarification

joed
01-20-2005, 06:51
Lately my truck has been having cold "surging" issues - it's very hard to accelerate until the engine warms up, then it runs fine. I seem to keep getting codes 1216 & 1217, Fuel Solenoid closure too short and long. I also periodically get codes for the APP (the service throttle light never comes on).

In doing a search, I've noticed others have had similar sypmtoms and codes. Does this point to the FSD, or APP, or the actual solenoid on the pump?

Also, possibly releated, the cruise control resume does not also work. It sets fine but doesn't always resume.

Thanks in advance. Joe.

nigeljones
01-25-2005, 18:09
Joed,

I too had the same trouble codes 1216,1217 and talking with Jim Bigley, he advised me that I had a galled fuel injector soloniod, which is located in the back of the pump. This is caused by poor lubrication, he suggested adding a lubricant, I did and it has corrected the condition. I will need to pull it and check it out to see how bad, but that is for another day.

As regards the cruise control not staying engaged, I had that too with other driverability issues once the truck started to stall I purchased the new remote PMD and cooler and it took care of almost all my issues. I only now have cold start issues producing lots of smoke.