PDA

View Full Version : Glow Plug wire connectors

gerickson
08-21-2003, 06:19
Does anyone have a source for replacement, wire-ends, for the glow plug wires? You recall these have a bakelite phenolic, (or similar) heat resistant insulator, with a heat resistant stainless steel 'receptacle' that connects to the glow plug tabs. Mine have lost most of their insulators and as six of the eight on my 1995 6.5L are an integral part of the wiring harness, I will have to cut them off and replace. Also does anybody have the part number for the two replaceable sub-harness ones on the right side- (bright orange wires).

tom.mcinerney
08-21-2003, 08:49
I thought mine had normal[brass female blade push-on in nylon case] connectors except for #6&8, on passenger side , where jumpers feature teflon (hi temp) insulated wires running beneath the turbo. I'll check for phenolic. Don't know P/Nos, if you find, pls post.
An outfit called 'Waytek Inc.' {www.waytekwire.com} sells some of the Packard Electric Division connectors used in our vehicle's wire harness(weatherpak/metripak).
Another outfit which serves the hotrod/restoration market, American Autowire Systems / Factory-Fit Automotive Wiring[1-800-482-9473; email <info@factoryfit.com>] might(?) be
helpful...