PDA

View Full Version : no start

mad rad
01-24-2005, 05:50
I've got a problem with my 94,it started with a fuel leak at the back of the engine.I took off the filter housing checked all the hoses and found no leaks,changed the filter put everything back together and it ran for 1 day,it runs good but when I turn it off and the truck is parked on any kind of incline it wont start,like it's out of gas,and the leak is back.one thing I noticed was my lift pump runs after I shut down for a good minute. :confused:

BUZZ
01-24-2005, 14:43
Lift pump run after shut down is normal.
YOu need to find your leak. This is allowing air into your pump and it will not start. After you fix your leak you will then need to bleed the injector lines. Not a difficult task but time consuming and messy.
Buzz

Hye
01-26-2005, 08:47
There is a fuel hose that runs under the intake manifold from the filter to the IP or drain valve or maybe both. Can't remember exactly which. Mine became brittle and leaked a couple years ago. Fuel ran down the valley and off the back of the block. I slipped a short piece of 1/4" all thread inside a new hose and the old hose, then carefully pulled the new hose into place. No need to remove the intake manifold. Be careful about not getting dirt into a hose that goes to the IP. Maybe flush it out using the lift pump before you attach to the IP.