PDA

View Full Version : Injection Pump and other things...

leeunderwood2000
08-23-2003, 16:56
The dealer is replacing my Fuel Injection Pump. It is still under warranty. He also says that I have to replace the Lift Pump. I woulsd then have to pay for a Fuel Filter(I can understand this) a lift pump and labor on the Lift Pump. Anybody have any experiences with this?

Lee

leeunderwood2000
08-25-2003, 16:12
Anybody?

Lee

JohnC
08-26-2003, 12:45
If the lift pump is bad then you're lucky the Dealer is willing to replace the injection pump under the warranty. If it is not bad I can't think of a good reason to replace it.

ucdavis
08-26-2003, 18:03
The reports of how dealers misinterpret the warranty requirements have been amusing mostly because they haven't happened to me. My first IP replacement was in Mexico where GM doesn't care if you live or die; you have to get the rig back to the US for them to have a discussion with you, so I was spared the stoopid interpretations.
You don't have to replace the LP unless that is something new. I believe the latest version of the warranty is on the Members Area page under Reference. Pretty sure GM stealer has to fill out a sheet & return it to GM covering the facts of the warranty repair & showing they followed correct diagnostics so GM isn't frivolously installing new pumps, so ask to see the dealer's copy of warranty & proceedures B4 authorizing R&R'g a known good LP. I'm AM sure that the correct diagnostic includes ruling out LP failure B4 buying a new IP.

Dvldog 8793
08-26-2003, 19:59
Howdy
Just had my pump replaced about a month ago. The only real problem I had was 180 miles left on the factory warrenty. I told my dealer that I died a couple of times and surges at idle. Both were true, but no codes or anything else. They checked it out and could find nothing but informed me that i only had 180 miles left(I already knew this) and if it was OK with me they would replace my pump. Nothing was ever said in regards to the LP, fuel filter or anything. They did the work and even let me keep the old FSD as a spare. While it was apart I had them put in a set of Phaser timing gears and set the timing right. They did this for about $200.
Sounds to me like your dealer is trying to move some parts inventory. I would think that if you had a bad LP they wouldn't consider a new IP until that had been corrected.
I hope your experience turns out as good as mine did! :D
Conley