PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

williedog
10-19-2004, 19:41
1993 turbo 6.5 had an instant change in the temp. gauge reading when commuting without any load in the truck and towing a horse trailer. Peviously, the truck maintained a steady normal temp. with an increase in temp. when towing over a steep incline. The last towing I did, the temp started moving to close to "redline." The radiator has been replaced, fan clutch and thermostat, with no change. Suspecting temp. gauge reading may be incorrect, will check temp. with Stuart Warner gauge to eval the correct temp. when towing. The fuel gauge also recently quit working. Time to check the sender?Terrorists in the instrument panel? What next?

Hye
10-20-2004, 05:54
Welcome.
Check all your ground connections, block to chasis, battery to block.
Try the tiny search link below the flashing banner at the top of the page to find lots of info about battery, chasis, engine and instrument ground problems.

Dihrdbowti
10-20-2004, 18:16
When you had the radiator replaced did you make sure it was the heavy duty 4 core and not a light duty 2 core?

williedog
10-20-2004, 18:37
Originally posted by Dihrdbowti:
When you had the radiator replaced did you make sure it was the heavy duty 4 core and not a light duty 2 core? Yes it was the expensive HD4 core. Thanks for your help!

williedog
10-20-2004, 18:54
Originally posted by Hye:
Welcome.
Check all your ground connections, block to chasis, battery to block.
Try the tiny search link below the flashing banner at the top of the page to find lots of info about battery, chasis, engine and instrument ground problems. I tried the tiny search link but could not get a response to anything I searched for... I don't have a flashing banner at the top of the page either. I will check all grounding connections, C,ould be why the fuel gauge died. Un-plugged it and plugged it back in and it was "working" again. Today. I'll check tomorrow. Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated, Williedog!