PDA

View Full Version : Recalling Ford Diesels for stalling why not 6.5TD's???

Marty Lau
06-15-2005, 11:17
So Ford is forced to recall 6.0 Diesels for stalling but they didn't force GM what gives here?? :confused:

Link
http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/13/Autos/ford_recall.reut/index.htm

jspringator
06-15-2005, 11:29
See my response in the succeeding thread on this subject "Now, who's laughing".

rjschoolcraft
06-15-2005, 11:58
Good question. Let's expand the question to why not recall for all the block cracking?

MTTwister
06-15-2005, 13:21
Perhaps Ford has a fix for their "problem".

DmaxMaverick
06-16-2005, 08:30
Originally posted by MTTwister:
Perhaps Ford has a fix for their "problem". Yup!

It's called buy-back.

Probably exaggerated, but I heard Ford bought back something like 30% of the 2003's. Even 5% would be an absurd number.

MTTwister
06-16-2005, 11:04
Dmax - you gotta be kidding! You mean took the whole dang truck back?
Would they have done that at original purchase price? ( depreciation + frustration = original cost smile.gif ) What would they do with all of 'em? Obviously couldn't put them back out on the market. mind boggling.

DmaxMaverick
06-16-2005, 11:16
No joke.

It's happened. Even a couple GM's talked about here involved DP members. Many times a local "lemon law" defines the conditions.

A buyback is when a dealer (supported by the manufacturer) buys back the vehicle from the owner. Compensations are made for usage, time, mileage, damage, etc. If a dealer buys back a vehicle, without the support of the manufacturer, it is called an "unwind". They essentially "reverse" the purchase, and depending on the circumstances, either resell the vehicle as new or used. One example of a dealer buy-back would be if someone's financing fell through after the purchase. GM also does buy-backs on high-end vehicles (Cadilac, etc.) if a customer is unsatisfied during a specific period, usually 30 days. GM has a policy like this for all brands, but the particulars are different from one brand to another. If you buy a new GM vehicle, and don't like it, it is possible to return it under some circumstances, even if the vehicle has nothing wrong with it.

rjschoolcraft
06-16-2005, 11:31
My uncle in Ohio recently completed a "lemon law" buyback of a Dodge Cummins 600. The 2004 truck he had was a disaster. He now has a 2005 with more options at no cost to him.

cruzer
06-16-2005, 11:48
When Ford was having problems w/their injectors
on the new 6.0 that would trash the motor. A guy in WI had purchased 1 and went on vac. 1/2 way to his destination the motor died and Ford replaced the truck. On he way home from vac same thing happen and Ford stepped up again.

Hubert
06-16-2005, 12:23
Most all manufactures have an arbitration policy for problematic vehicles. My brother in law just had one with his Toyoda Tocoma.

The key thing in every case I have heard about is proof or documentation of the problem at the first onset and each reoccurance of the problem.