PDA

View Full Version : Dmax into a C/K

Govt issue
01-26-2005, 12:47
Has anyone thought of replaceing their 6.5 with a dmax? I am in the collision repair business, and thought about trying to do a swap. If I could come up with the parts. I have some questions to anyone who may know. Has anyone done it yet?
Will the allison fit under the truck? Will the 4wd work. I would rather have my old burb with a dmax than a new truck.

Peter J. Bierman
01-26-2005, 12:53
More Power did just that in his race truck and has reported continuously about it in the members section.

Peter

More Power
01-26-2005, 14:12
I got a call yesterday from a member in Alberta, Canada, whom I've spoken to a few times before.

For about two days now, he's been driving his 1999 GMC K3500 crew cab dually, since converting to a 2003 LB7 Duramax/Allison/NVG-263.

He's not running an intercooler yet, and a few other details are yet to be ironed out. He was able to maintain the original '99 dash, but did install the matching '03 instrument cluster and '03 steering column.

We'll be working together to get a story......

MP

GMCfourX4
01-26-2005, 17:05
I'd like to know if anyone has a good source for a complete engine/trans package (pref. a 6-speed) including harness, etc.... I haven't decided yet if I'd rather have a D-Max C/K or a DMAX SS - see signature (Mass vanity plate DMAX SS still available....)

-Chris

Govt issue
01-28-2005, 06:49
I want to convert mine into a Dmax because I am tired of a car payment. I figure i can convert for 10,000 or less and that is much cheaper than a new truck. Also I want to buy some land in the next few years. So If someone can come out with a manual of some sort ( parts list ect) I wiil purchase it from them. Thanks for the responce and keep posting the updates.

Arlie
01-29-2005, 09:18
I would also be interested. I'm guessing there's a fair number of others. The Dmax is the natural upgrade. V8 avoids the problems created by the Cummins inline 6. Not sure if it has the durability of the Cummins though.

Hye
01-31-2005, 04:11
Puttin a Dmax into the '83 Blazer? Wicked.