PDA

View Full Version : 93 6.5 OPPERATING TEMP

MPearce
09-30-2004, 04:30
Im new to the diesel scene. Just bought a 93 6.5 with 246k and I am noticing that the engine runs very cool all the time. I was wandering what normal opperating temp was. Also the black smoke, which seems to be a frequent topic, rolls out when I accelerate hard. I know this is probably common, but it still concerns me. I dont know if my turbo is opp. correctly, how do you measure boost. any help would be greatly appriciated.

MTTwister
09-30-2004, 06:45
MPEARCE - utilize the search feature - upper right under Post a reply - Lots of info to get you in really deep.

Normal Operating temp - no load, flat run - probably pretty close to the Thermostat - should be running around 190-195

Keith Richards
09-30-2004, 16:22
When I bought my truck it was reading really low low like 140,then it started getting the ses light.I got the thermostat replaced and that did the trick.It now reads around 190.I get a bit of black smoke on hard accelleration,no cat or soot trap though on my truck ;)

bobt
09-30-2004, 22:09
Just to clarify, if it still has the stock '93 thermostat housing/ single thermostat, there is no bleed valve on the housing to bleed out the air, at least there wasn't on my '93.
Bob