PDA

View Full Version : Which exhaust system is best BD or DSG canada?

Shaun091382
08-25-2003, 18:10
Hello anyone have reviews for either??...the DSG Canada exhaust kit is slightly cheaper then buying the parts individually from BD but that doesnt necessarily mean it is better...im looking for some input thanks,

Shaun

steve-r
08-28-2003, 21:27
shaun, i'm on the same search for my 94 6.5 non-cat. BD seemed too expensive even though they're local and they didn't have a mandrel bent crossover option...suggested I go factory...not the best advice. DSG has a good price, and shipping from within Canada is an advantage over US options. may be an advantage if you had to return something....no UPS brokerage hassle or cost either.
DSG also has a pkg deal on a filter, exhaust, and gauges....likely they'll all put a pkg deal together if you ask. DSG does not have a mandrel bent crossover.
I like John Kennedy's 3.5" system, tho' the ceramic crossover pipe is pricey....don't know if he has a mandrel bent c/o that is not ceramic coated for less $.. Heath has the lowest price, mandrel c/o, even after US exchange, but his is a 3" system. Kennedy and Heath seem to have good rep's on these and other boards. I haven't found any comments on DSG product /service quality yet, so i'm still kicking tires. anyone else got any feedback on DSG?

david
08-29-2003, 00:08
Summit has a complete sys. for $300
Or if you are a do it your selfer find a shop that does upgrades and get a sys off a ford or a duramax and put it on!!!!
I have a ford sys on my 96 and my son has a duramax sys.
Oh yes ( FREE )
David