PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic is central Mass?

Steve O.
08-26-2003, 14:57
Getting jerked around by the guy who is suppossed to install my Avant longblock. Any other Mass guys out there that can give a solid recomendayion?

Thanks

Steve

98rammer12v
08-30-2003, 22:40
www.massdiesel.com (http://www.massdiesel.com) i don't know how much experience Scott has with the 6.5s, but he should definately be able to do it. he's very reputible and does great work!

Tom

JoeyD
09-01-2003, 07:34
Steve O, I thought you brought the truck to Mass Diesel.

Hoagy
09-03-2003, 14:25
Home Town Motors is right over the border of Mass on the Ct. side in Stafford Springs. I know they work on the 6.5l and are pretty reputable.

Good luck..

Steve O.
09-03-2003, 21:15
Tom,Joey D.:

I did have my truck at MassDiesel. Turned into a total nightmare. Short version is that he jerked me around and was very difficult to deal with. I had the truck towed out of there last week and the engine is being done as we speak by professionals.

Here

JoeyD
09-04-2003, 19:09
Steve O, That sucks. I guess live and learn. Who is doing the motor install now? How much did the install run you and what did the new morot run you? Sorry for the questions.

Steve O.
09-04-2003, 19:20
Joey,

The engine from Avant was $3420. This included the basic re-man at $3050 and a new harmonic balancer at $45, plus the '97 cooling upgrades at $325.00.

Additionally, there was a $600 core charge, and $200.00 for shipping each way on the new motor and the core return.

Birchler's Automotive, in Natick, Mass, has done the install. They do a lot of truck work. They quoted me $1300.00 based on estimates out of the book. Jeff, the owner, called me early in the job to let me know a few things he had found and asked what I wanted to do about them, for instance, replacing a couple of oil cooler lines. I pretty much ok'd all of it, except for a few things that were not critical. Some things, like the motor not coming with all the gaskets I thought it would have, will no doubt add up in parts and labor. I expect the job will end up being a lot more than the original quote as they encountered a few things like that, and the always-present broken bolts, etc... If I get out of it much under $2000 I'll be surprised.

They'll have it done tomorrow morning. It's already been test driven but they still have a few things to button up.

Steve

98rammer12v
09-04-2003, 19:56
oh man, that sucks. i've never had a problem with scott- he's always treated me very well. hope you get everything straightened out!

Tom