PDA

View Full Version : 1994 blown head gasket -update long block to 2001?

paulj31
08-27-2003, 15:57
I recently hurt my truck by hauling too much weight. I really did not notice she was blowing smoke until I had my family packed up for vacation. We were 40 miles out (550 plus to go) at 1:30 AM just getting ready to pull on to the PA Turnpike (ticket in hand) when the low coolant light came on. I topped her off with coolant and proceeded home heart broken. Head gasket let go in the number 2 cylinder. I am seriously considering a new long block. Would a 2001 long block work properly with minimal alterations? I do know the oil cooler lines need an adapter but am not aware of any other problems with this. Also can anyone recommend AAA American Diesel. Their prices are right but you know what they say,

FirstDiesel
08-27-2003, 16:19
I'm not sure the archives are still in existance but if you do a search for them I think you'll get your answer about if it's too good!!

whatnot
08-27-2003, 18:27
I have read that the best way to avoid blown head gaskets it to get an 18:1 compression engine.
You should be able to get one built the way you want it cheaper than a new 2001 engine. (The diesel depot is one of the places that offers them)

mhagie
08-27-2003, 20:27
One option might be to check out Kennedy Diesel he has a used 2000 complete w/ultra low miles,could be what you want. smile.gif