PDA

View Full Version : The transmission filler tube

Low_Bridge
10-02-2004, 15:03
Ok I did a search on this but yeilded no results-

on the 94 4x4 how hard or easy is it to replace the tranny filler tube. I thought I read a thread that it was a Bear to change- a tranny shop has told me they nead to drop the tranny ?

diesel65
10-02-2004, 15:26
The trans tube is a little pain in the butt to replace due to trying to thread it down past the rear of the engine, but....
You do not need to drop the trans to replace it!

Low_Bridge
10-02-2004, 15:47
So get a tube & set aside a morning to tackle it? Any tips? I havent even looked at it. I just know it's broke & before I bought it I was an idiot to believe him that is was sposed to "flex" :rolleyes: redface.gif

john8662
10-02-2004, 20:19
So a broken tranny filler tube is a common problem? I thought I was an odd-ball. I bought my burb, noticed it was loose, it was broken. I tacked it in about an hour. My advice is just to clean everything around where the tube goes into the tranny, keep from getting dirt in the pan. You have to feed it down from the top, and it won't just go in until you cuss a little bit smile.gif

Low_Bridge
11-20-2004, 17:17
Those of you who have replaced the broken transmission filler tube without pulling tranny;

Did your Suburban have rear air? I noticed my rear air lines pass right by / parralell the tranny tube?

john8662
11-20-2004, 19:58
yes, my burb has rear heat and A/C, as mentioned its a pain in the butt to feed that sucker down, you might move the lines a little to help get the clearance, I didn't have to.

Low_Bridge
11-21-2004, 03:39
Thanks I didn't want to get stumped on that one detail!