PDA

View Full Version : DTC 35 36 39

arrowheadracing
01-30-2005, 15:39
Just replaced the oil pressure switch a few days ago. The truck just out of the blue started to stall while driving. Didnt matter what rpm or what gear. It will start back up , run another 10 ft and then stall. It will do this about 5 times then it will stall and start and stall , start and stall ect.... Next it will just not start, crank it for a little bit and it will start. I briefly jumped out and dont have much fuel trickling out of the thermo housing, I didnt have a fuel pressure gauge on the side of the road though. When I finally got it home tonight, it gave me the 35 36 39 codes. The 39 code I figure is the torque convertor clutch, being off ? Since day one, it always seemed like it didnt engage as soon as I thought it would ( which it seems like it doenst kick down till about 55 mph no matter what throttle position ). The 35 36 codes ?

Thanks
Todd

arrowheadracing
01-30-2005, 15:59
After some searching, I found the 35 36 to be pmd/fsd related. I have a new pmd I ll try, though I have a cooler installed. I dont think they are much good ( atleast the engine mounted ones ). I am doubtful that the remote mounted ones really help that much either. I belive its just a bad design problem. I still have the original pmd on the pump , so I might just plug that one in. If I get the same results I ll try my new one. I ll look at the lift pump tomorrow. Tonight it seemed like it humming fine.

Any input apperciated.
Thanks
Todd

Hye
01-31-2005, 03:31
Read "Well she finally gave up". Lets us know if the nuts were loose.

arrowheadracing
01-31-2005, 15:24
I didnt check the nuts. But I did plug in the original FSD that is still on the pump. Truck ran great all day. I ll be interested to see what resistor is in that one as it didnt seem much differenet then the #9 I installed. Still wondering about the tcc #39 code though.

Thanks
Todd

DeezlStinson
02-20-2005, 10:11
That 35/36 is FSD or Fuel solenoid related. It can also be the associated connecting wiring.

ALL of the SES light related problems can be electrical in nature.....

Many years ago I had my 4L80E stick in limp (2nd gear) mode and found that my battery cables needed to be cleaned and reconnected!

I also had a DTC13 that turned out to be the actual 15 pin plug in the back of the engine. GM used very poor quality plugs and connectors.

I have a 1994 K2500 Suburban. New pump at 60,000 replaced by me, a PMD replaced a couple of months ago at 140,000 by me.

Regards,

Rick

curmudge1
02-21-2005, 09:31
I recall some posts where the poster said that he cleared up DTC 35 & 36 by checking/cleaning the electrical grounds. I'm sure you can find this info by searching.

I wish Jim had an article on the ground connections, with pictures & everthing.

Barry Nave
02-21-2005, 17:42
I also had the 35 that I could not get away from till I installed the SOL-D driver. So far so good smile.gif