PDA

View Full Version : Variety of help needed

duluthsvo
10-04-2004, 16:31
I'm attempting to return my truck to service after a fresh overhaul/update and have a few questions that I hope you folks can help with: 1) There are two a 5 pin relays located on the top of the firewall, passenger side/center, just inboard of the A/C evaporator canister. The inboard most of the two has 4 pins that have become dislodged and I need to know the correct pin order. Can any one help with this? 2) Can some one please descibe the proceedure in fooling the lift pump to power up prior to achieving oil pressure (heard this described once for priming the fuel system after a filter change. 3) Does any one a cure for the dreaded window sqeal? My drivers door window felts are good, but the darn thing really howls when moving up or down. Thanks in advance for all your help.

norm
10-04-2004, 18:51
RE: (2) On our '95 trucks, with engine off, place gear selector in drive, and turn key to start. Engine will not crank, but lift pump will (should!) operate.

moondoggie
10-05-2004, 07:33
Good Day!

duluthsvo
10-05-2004, 08:53
Unfortunetly for question #2 response....I tried exactly that with a pump that shows good (jumpered) and a new OPS sensor. I'll verify the harness is good and have to assume the OPS sensor is bad (very upsetting for a 0 mile OEM unit). As for the answer to question #3....thanks. I'll try this shortly. Any issues with transfer of the silicone on to everything else (ie windows, interior, etc)? Can anyone help with question #1....desperately trying to finish the truck before the snow flies... Thanks for taking the time to help.

markrinker
10-05-2004, 13:00
I recently purchased a 2003 K3500 that had the 'dreaded window squeeeeeeeel' you mention. When it was in for other warranty service, they replaced the window motor due to corrosion - and its quiet now.