PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filters - 6.5L vs Duramax

gvt
06-16-2004, 09:25
I am wondering if the thread size and O-ring diameter are the same for Duramax and 6.5L engine oil filters. I've been running Delvac 1 synthetic for 6000 mile intervals with a Puralator PureOne oil filter, but it's getting a little expensive. I am thinking about installing an Oilguard by-pass filter. They do not make a kit specifically for the 6.5L, but I think the Duramax kit should work. I inspected two filters yesterday and the face of the filters looks the same. How about the drain plug thread size? Are the the same? It would be nice to be able to use the drain plug return line fitting. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

CareyWeber
06-16-2004, 17:13
Originally posted by gvt:
I am wondering if the thread size and O-ring diameter are the same for Duramax and 6.5L engine oil filters. I've been running Delvac 1 synthetic for 6000 mile intervals with a Puralator PureOne oil filter, but it's getting a little expensive. I am thinking about installing an Oilguard by-pass filter. They do not make a kit specifically for the 6.5L, but I think the Duramax kit should work. I inspected two filters yesterday and the face of the filters looks the same. How about the drain plug thread size? Are the the same? It would be nice to be able to use the drain plug return line fitting. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks The easy way to know forsure is to go to the Baldwin site and cross reference the two filters.

http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/

I use a Baldwin B1428 filter and the Fram # for the duramax is PH9100

Carey