PDA

View Full Version : Roadmaster Suspension

Scooby
02-01-2005, 03:20
I am considering buying the Roadmaster spring assist kit for my c1500 as I am preparing to tow my K2500 mud truck with it. Does anyone here use the Roadmaster kit, and where would be the best place to buy it?? I have been thinking about this for a year now, and I still have to modify my trailer (probably adding a 3rd axle too) before I put the 2500 on it. I will be bumper pulling, which I am not fond of, but I dont want to put a lot into another trailer, when I only tow occasionally. Thanks for any input.

Spindrift
02-01-2005, 17:21
I installed the Roadmaster springs to minimize the amount of porpoising I experienced when towing. The springs made an improvement. However, they're not a cure-all. For what I thought was a minimal investment, I think I got my monies worth. As far as pricing, I think you'll do best by going direct.

Turbine Doc
02-01-2005, 18:14
Works well for me, keeps my truck dead level when hooked up to my GN trailer, did improve the handling some as well. I went with the XXIIF 3/4T & 1T option for my 1/2T truck, I set them a little differently than written in the instructions and think I get better result. If you get a set get with Jim so we can exchange emails on it.