PDA

View Full Version : stalled, will not start, what am I missing

busman
02-14-2005, 17:07
Please help. 99 savana 3500, 70k on van, original IP and PMD. Stalled last week, followed factory manual flow chart, had no voltage at fuel injection control pcm pin c3d3 light green wire. No short or open in the wire. No trouble codes. Lift pump new & operating. Should be minimum 1.2 volts at pin while cranking. This is the output fuel inj control back to PMD. Flow chart led to pcm replacement, since i had run into this 1 other time on a different vehicle, I installed reman pcm, towed to dealer to flash, picked up van, ran 2 miles and quit again. Same thing, no voltage out of fuel inj control pin. I have cranking rpm on scan tool,closure signal reads 5.0 volts key on eng off, 12 volts pink wire, 5 volts red wire, black wire good ground, no signal light green wire, all at the PMD harness. Could the PMD be shorted internally, causing pcm to die, if it's dead? What inputs are critical to fuel inj control function? What am I missing? I am losing what little hair I have left. Thanks in advance to all.

Barry Nave
02-14-2005, 17:23
You can't loose out on the RemarQ SOL-D driver.
It's curd and the best R&R for the FSD.
Price is more than an FSD but add the cost with a cooler and I'll bet a lot of troubles will go away.

JohnC
02-15-2005, 12:33
Originally posted by busman:
What am I missing? I am losing what little hair I have left. Thanks in advance to all. This (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007768)