PDA

View Full Version : Connector Source

Tom C.
07-01-2004, 17:10
I want to build a "plug-and-play" wiring harness extension so I can get my fsd totally out of the engine compartment. I am planning on using shielded wiring but can't find a source for the fittings. I don't want to do the cut and splice thing unless absolutely necessary. Can anybody help me with part numbers and sources for the fittings? I tried searching the past posts but didn't come up with anything.

Thanks a lot and have a happy July 4th!

Tom C.

MTTwister
07-02-2004, 08:39
Tom C - You could get a long extension pre-made from Kennedy or Heath, and wrap it in aluminum foil for shielding... tongue.gif

rjwest
07-02-2004, 13:18
Been running a 24 inch to the cab area, just above
throttle, with A/C air cooling

No problems un shielded.....

You can make a cable out of old parts,
But , if you are not a good electrical garu,
soldering and stuff. I Strongly suggest
buying the cable......Than if something else goes wrong,
you will not question your work..

Also I have learned that I spend more money running around getting parts than if I had
purchased it ...

Low_Bridge
08-21-2004, 06:28
OK GIVE IT UP :cool:

Some of us rebuild our own trannies
Some of us rebuild our own motors
& I agree on a good day I too pay the long dollar for someone elses hard work:

But who is going to give up the source for these pmd /fsd connections so those who have been soldering & wiring before "pong" can help ourselves.

eracers999
08-22-2004, 17:50
Take your harness cut the 4 wires inbetween the connectors and solder and heat shrink in the length you need and be done with it it will take you a hour of your time. You will then have your factory ends with the lengthening inbetween. Its a great fix and as long as you solder and heat shrink it will last forever. End of story.
Kent

MEdlin
08-22-2004, 18:17
I plan to make an FSD extension cable as follows. When I purchased a new FSD from Diesel Injection Service, they said Standyne required them to sell a new harness. Well there's one end. For the other end, I asked them for an old FSD they were tossing out. I plan to cut the connector off the old FSD and use it for the other end. I haven't done this yet, but I can't think of a reason why it won't work. A little wire, solder, heat shrink, and I should be good to go.

Low_Bridge
08-23-2004, 03:08
Is the truth of the matter that these connectors are "proprietery" to each vender being molded by them to make their extentions? Or, do they just know the right source for the connectors?

Will any of the vendors sell us ends? (Just memebers?) (or are you LOL now?)

Thanks for all the input-

Truck has run flawless now for 2 days & MaMa is happy-

Kennedy
08-23-2004, 07:43
The female cavity IS the PMD in this case. There is a growing tren to use this type of connection where the cavity is molded into the connector.

Pole to seat i believe is the term used...

Trae
03-03-2005, 17:46
Anybody ever figure out where to get the PMD connections to make our own?

Barry Nave
03-04-2005, 01:14
www.acdelco.com (http://www.acdelco.com)
Under Parts Catalog,you wlll see many connectors.

[ 03-04-2005, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Bnave95 ]

Trae
03-05-2005, 19:20
Thanks for the link but I didnt find anything that said FSD or PMD.

Barry Nave
03-06-2005, 05:56
They dont list it (talk like us) under FSD/PMD.
Go to web site
Click parts Info.
Go to parts catalog (seems to be down now,shows error)
Click auto parts search
Inter truck info
Go through listings

[ 03-06-2005, 05:06 AM: Message edited by: Bnave95 ]

Trae
03-06-2005, 12:01
Yep thats what I did.
Guess It would help if I knew more how they where listing it. Any ides on what they call this connector.

This is the only part that might be it but no picture was available.
ELECTRICAL / MODULE-ENGINE CONTROL PN 216-89 MODULE,PWRT CONT(REMAN)

Trae
03-06-2005, 13:25
Think I found it. Tried 1998 instead of 1994.
PT373 CONNECTOR,MDL-FUEL SDR & BAL PUMP CONT
At least the picture looks right.
so next question is where do I find the mate for this connector?

Barry Nave
03-07-2005, 01:35
The mate is the hard one for it is always the one that is on the part itself,FSD.
JK and Heath must have a source to be able to make the Ext. harnees. That you would have to take off a old FSD. Myself,I would just order one. Not that much cost for letting a FSD live a longer life. ;)

Trae
03-07-2005, 04:53
I have email the ACdelco guys. Ill let you know what to say.
I havent found the cost of these parts yet but if they are in the 5-10 dollar range then I have a hard time paying $90 for a ready made extension. However if they are more like $25 each then ready made is the way to go. Mainly I just want to be able to control the length of the cable.

Dvldog 8793
03-07-2005, 05:02
Howdy
I have the harness from JK. I would think that even if the total cost of connectors is $25 that his harness is worth it. The quality is better than OEM. It's not just a bunch of hardware store wires wrapped up black tape. That being said, I would still be interested in buying a couple of complete connectors if we come up with a source. Maybe we should think of a group buy to save some change? The end that is on the FSD might have to be custom made as it probably only exists as that part. Good luck
Conley Janssen

Trae
03-08-2005, 13:43
When I emailed ACDelco they said "Please call us at 1-800-ACDelco, one of our representatives are in the best position to assist you further with your inquiry." So I called and the rep had no idea how to find the mate for the PT373 they tried to say the the some 26 pin would work then he said to check with GM.