PDA

View Full Version : Transgo Kit

dieseldummy
02-26-2004, 22:46
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the transgo kit the the 4L80E? I bought on and was going to put it in this weekend. Will it help as much as they claim?
Thanks,
Justin

dhherrmann
02-27-2004, 09:08
Trans-go makes a couple kits for the 4L80E, which one are you referring to? I put in the SK-4L80E-B kit that Prevents/Corrects/Reduces. My transmission would not up shift when cold from 2nd-3rd and would go into limp home mode, I would shut the engine off, and restart and it would shift again with no problems, also it would bang into gear on occasion. Installed all parts but boost valve upgrade, because it involved dropping trans. and spring and shiny washer on center bolt of case because if the spring gets pinched between the valve body and case, your truck will shift fine in reverse untill it heats up, then will stop going into reverse altogether. I am speaking from first hand experience and I spent a great deal of time tring not to pinch this spring in the first place. This kit fixed all of my problems as previously listed.

Craig M
02-27-2004, 15:47
I think Justin is refering to the shift kit not the rebuild kit. The shift kit is supposed to decrease the time of the shifts. This shortened time puts less heat and stress on the transmission according to Transgo. Member Harry Sanders put the shhift kit in his 6.5 and stated that it worked nice for him.

dieseldummy
02-27-2004, 18:32
Yes, I am thinking about the shift kit.

lupey6.5
02-29-2004, 08:13
i'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not but when i put the b&m shift plus on my truck i soon after started to get codes from the input/output sensors on my trans. it would not upshift from 2nd to 3rd until i shut the ign.off and restarted it. i replaced the sensors(easy 5min. each and 30 bucks each) and that was 2 years ago. no problems since