PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Adjustment?

fastcat800
02-15-2005, 08:12
OK, here's todays dumb question. '94 Chevy pickup. Yesterday I installed new Euro style headlights and I can't get them adjusted. I turned the two phillips head screws that you can access from the top and nothing happens. I also screwed the two hex adjusters that stick out the top a little with no results. What is the proper way to get them to move (both are way to low) and what size is the small hex? I don't have a small socket that fits it.

CareyWeber
02-15-2005, 11:30
Originally posted by Dave Schumacher:
OK, here's todays dumb question. '94 Chevy pickup. Yesterday I installed new Euro style headlights and I can't get them adjusted. I turned the two phillips head screws that you can access from the top and nothing happens. I also screwed the two hex adjusters that stick out the top a little with no results. What is the proper way to get them to move (both are way to low) and what size is the small hex? I don't have a small socket that fits it. Dave,

The adjusters are down inside and take a external Torx bit.

WHere did you get your Euro styled head lights?

Do you have a quad beam lights or the sealed beam lights?

Carey

fastcat800
02-15-2005, 11:44
I bought them from GT Racers in Calif on ebay. $102 with shipping for the pair without the bulbs. They look great! My old ones were so cloudy they would hardly light up the road. The new ones have a phillips head where the stock ones have the Torx adjusters. I tried turning them but don't seem to be getting any movement. Maybe I got screwed. What are the hex adjusters for? I screwed them in finger tight so the shoulder hit the plastic like the stock ones did before I mounted them. Are they some kind of a lock? They must be used for something as they are very easy to get at.

CareyWeber
02-15-2005, 13:56
Originally posted by Dave Schumacher:
I bought them from GT Racers in Calif on ebay. $102 with shipping for the pair without the bulbs. They look great! My old ones were so cloudy they would hardly light up the road. The new ones have a phillips head where the stock ones have the Torx adjusters. I tried turning them but don't seem to be getting any movement. Maybe I got screwed. What are the hex adjusters for? I screwed them in finger tight so the shoulder hit the plastic like the stock ones did before I mounted them. Are they some kind of a lock? They must be used for something as they are very easy to get at. The hex heads are to remove the head lights.

fastcat800
02-16-2005, 07:53
I got them adjusted last night. I was turning the in and out when I thought it was the up/down. Man do they make a big difference! I can see now and they look cool too.

a5150nut
02-16-2005, 20:52
The March issue of Traier Life Magazine has a good article on headlite adjustment. Shows how to do it at home without all the fancy tools and gadgets.