PDA

View Full Version : update on 94 sub help

catmandoo
06-24-2004, 12:55
well went over and took another test drive today and took the same road and at the same speed and at the same spot on the road the ses lite came on and went off at the same time so when i got back did a code check and a 78 came back which the tester said was wastegate solenoid.so while he was busy i did some looking and it has a green tag pump,so somewhere along the line it's been replaced.so i now own a diesel sub.i'll post pics shortly.

catmandoo
06-26-2004, 14:17
well i picked up a soliniod yesterday and put it on and pulled my trailer about 80 miles today and it ran like a champ.no more little surge and no more ses lite.now i just have to fix the axle seal and shes gonna hit the road for about 1000 miles a week for the next 3 months while i have my 92 down for some much needed repairs and my 94 gasser that is in major need of repairs too.

Petrella
06-26-2004, 21:45
ive had my 94 suburban since brand new, (used to be my dads now mine) and it still has the original injection pump, and it is a green tag pump. so i think you still got the orginal pump in yur truck. i could be wrong though i dunno.

Anthony
--------------------------------------
1994 K2500 Suburban
6.5 Turbo Diesel
Pyro,Tranny,Oil,Diff temp Gauges, Boost Gauge
FSD Cooler from my GM dealer
Sweet sounding JK Exhaust
Boost Controller
Crystal Projection headlights, Turn signals and reflectors.
Euro Tail Lights
305/70R/16 BF Goodrich All Terrains
American Eagle 16x10 chrome wheels, style 145
Alpine Stereo, Alarm, and Navigation System

catmandoo
06-27-2004, 05:10
well i asked the place that does my pumps and he told me the green tags are supposed to be the latest version of em,so ii don't know i doesn't look like its been out in recent history ,i'm trying to track down the original owner and see if he's changed it.

Petrella
06-27-2004, 08:12
that would be yur best bet, i dont know if what your guy said is true, because my pump is original from 94 and the green tag is mounted right in front of the pump

markrinker
06-27-2004, 08:43
Any GM dealer can run the VIN and tell you if it was replaced under warranty.

catmandoo
06-27-2004, 15:17
hey thanks mark i hadn't thought of that .i'll check it tomorrow.