PDA

View Full Version : Power stagger (jerking)

DKeen
06-28-2004, 09:18
This week my 96 staggerd on power a few times. It jerks like it is not getting fuel but I got no codes and it keeps running. It was almost like taking my foot off the pedal. It did this again a couple of days later, when I took my foot off the pedal going down some inclines.

In the past when the FSD went, I got codes. I have since put it on the fender and have not had any problems. Point being, it is not acting like the FSD. Has anyone else experienced this?

MTTwister
06-28-2004, 11:29
Yeah, but mine resulted in a dealer IP replacement. Would stagger randomly, and/or the cruise would drop out - couldn't tell if the engine staggered at the same time, 'cause when the cruise drops out, it's "interesting" real quick, 'specially passing a truck on a hill. Thank God nothing was ever right behind me the first few times it happened.

Dealer finally had to keep it a couple of days, drive it hooked up, and got some codes. I still think it was the PMD, but WDIK? .

DKeen
06-28-2004, 12:07
That is what mine did. The cruise was set and it dropped out! May be time for a new PMD/FSD?

CareyWeber
06-28-2004, 12:31
Originally posted by DKeen:
This week my 96 staggerd on power a few times. It jerks like it is not getting fuel but I got no codes and it keeps running. It was almost like taking my foot off the pedal. It did this again a couple of days later, when I took my foot off the pedal going down some inclines.

In the past when the FSD went, I got codes. I have since put it on the fender and have not had any problems. Point being, it is not acting like the FSD. Has anyone else experienced this? Check all the little things first!!!

CHECK ALL GROUNDS!!!! ;) ;) ;)

http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006367

Also try pulling the anti-lock brake fuse.

Do a search on speed sensor and see how to clean it.

Carey