PDA

View Full Version : Difference in interior 94-95 and 96+

Randee of the Redwoods
03-03-2004, 10:02
You know. The squarey interior style versus the newer curvy interior. Pretty much the difference between having an airbag and not(the squareys didn't have airbags unless you count my passengers). I'm wondering about door frames. Will the 96+ door panels/door handle assemblies/power switches/etc fit the older door frames? I been considering such a conversion due to the lack of interior parts for my model year and the overload of interior parts for the 96+ model interiors all over Ebay. My crew cab driver's door swtich panel is cracked and the tabs in the associated recess in the door panel have all broken so the switch panel is only held down by the harness. I was curious how hard it would be to adapt the 96+ door handle, harness for power windows, locks, and mirrors, and the door panel mounts themselves. Can it be done? What all else would I need?

Petrella
03-03-2004, 14:59
you probably dont wanna hear this answer, but if thats all thats wrong with your interior, then buy buy the right panel for your switches. why would you go through countless hours of work changing the whole interior? youd have to change the dash because the plastic on the door trim blends in with the dash, so if you buy the newer style door panel, youd have to change all your swithes, harness, and the door might not even close cause it will pinch up against the dash. and to find partd for a crew cab will be harder to find cause their not that many around.

Randee of the Redwoods
03-03-2004, 16:38
I never said I didn't want to hear a particular answer, I was just curious. I was asking because the plastic piece I need is all about non-existant. Plus, I just now realized I need to replace the door panel as well since the receivers for the clips are molded in. Eh, if it never happens, I won't be heartbroken. Truck's in such good shape I'm pretty much just nitpickin right now. Can't afford the motor upgrades yet, so I'm sticking with the cheap stuff.

markelectric
03-03-2004, 17:54
I know of your problem firsthand. I did not find any easy source for parts so I improvised. A small, colored screw thru the middle of the plate into the support did the trick for me. Two weeks later I had to do the passenger door. Now they match.

whatnot
03-03-2004, 21:20
94 was the last year of the "square" dashboard interiors. The new interiors are in '95 trucks too. (I wouldn't have my 95 if it had the old interior.

To fix the door panels (unless you are real picky) just run a couple short drywall screws in near the bottom. The carpet stuff almost completly hides the heads.