PDA

View Full Version : it now dies

radrecon69
11-07-2003, 11:10
I quarantee you I will never let this truck sit again, The smoking problem fixed it self it is running great, but now for some reason the engine will just die luckly it has only done it when I been goig real slow like coming up to a stop sign going around a corner. The wierd thing is that after it dies I can put it in neutral or park and it will start right up and run great maybe 2 or 3 days before it does it again so HELP

Rick :confused:

gmctd
11-07-2003, 16:02
Could be electrical, but after sitting that long, could also be bacteria from the old fuel is clogging the tank sock or fuel filter.

radrecon69
11-10-2003, 01:06
has anyone ever bypassed the electrical system that runs the fuel cutoff with a switch? I am thinking about it trying that

Rick

gmctd
11-10-2003, 04:29
That will work - just follow safe wiring practice from the battery into the cab and back to the Solenoid.

twaddle
11-13-2003, 23:06
Hi Rick,
What type of fuel lift pump is on your truck?
If you installed an electric lift pump which is normally powered off the oil pressure switch it may be an intermittant fault with the oil pressure switch.

Jim Twaddle
Biggar, Scotland

britannic
11-14-2003, 07:02
Originally posted by radrecon69:
has anyone ever bypassed the electrical system that runs the fuel cutoff with a switch? I am thinking about it trying that

Rick If you do this, remember that road accidents are unfortunately a part of life, so if you were unable to switch off the pump after a smash, it may result in major problems.

radrecon69
11-14-2003, 07:45
Hi

Thanks for the response it isn't the Oil pressure switch because it is not hooked up through it. I know it is electrical because when it dies the CD player will recycle it just wierd that it does it only at slow speeds like right before I make a turn pull up to a stop sign it even did it when I put it in reverse. The only reason I am going to by pass it is because trying to get parts over here in Germany for the war wagon is almost impoossible and I am deploying again after the holidays and I have to ship the truck back to the USA

Rick :mad:

gmctd
11-14-2003, 09:31
Unseat the main harness bulkhead connector below and to outside of steering column, then reseat it.
It carries all electrical, except heating\ac, in and out of the cab.
Should be 5\16" or metric 10 socket.

Could be fuel slosh - slowing, braking, turnng, reverse.