PDA

View Full Version : FEUL ADDITIVES

TODD K
11-19-2003, 14:32
IS IT ADVISABLE TO USE CETANE BOOSTERS.AND CAN YOU ADD TO MUCH?

heavydutydieselman3
11-19-2003, 16:28
Originally posted by TODD K:
IS IT ADVISABLE TO USE CETANE BOOSTERS.AND CAN YOU ADD TO MUCH? hi, todd. i use power service add. you can get it at walmart, 10 bucks. i have had great luck with it so far. i use the white bottle right now because of weather. the white bottle has antigel. the gray bottle is for summer use. i dont believe you can use too much, but im not an expert either. one bottle i think 32oz of ps treats 300gal. hope this helps. staynedyne makes good add too. thanks for your time todd, hddm3 :cool:

TODD K
11-19-2003, 17:57
thanks for the reply.igot a 32oz. bottle of the ggrey earlier at walmart $4 iguess i should have gotten the white.it said 32oz. would add 6 cetane boost to 50 gal.and 3 boost cetane to a 100 gal.it just seems to me that there would be a limit? thanks again

CleviteKid
11-20-2003, 07:48
There is a "saturation limit" with the cetane boosters. The more you add, the less incremental improvement it makes. So the "too much" will hurt your pocketbook long before it hurts your engine.

Also, many of them are in a fairly low viscosity carrier, so overdoing it might make it harder for your injection pump to develop full pressure.

Dr. Lee :cool:

GregCrabb
11-24-2003, 16:41
I've wondered the same thing...thanks Dr. Lee.
I have used the white bottle of Power Service in my 01 VW TDI without any problem whatsoever at the lowest concentration recommended on the bottle. When I went on a trip I used the gray bottle at the strongest concentration...I could tell a little more power but mileage remained about the same. My truck doesn't care which kind I use.