PDA

View Full Version : Strange noise in my truck

imported_
09-14-2002, 21:14
Does anyone else have a noise when going over speed bumps or bumpy roads, it sounds like a cricket noise or a squeak. I just started hearing this sound over the last 2 weeks or so.

Also i recently replaced tires from my stock 245 75-16's to some BF Goodrich All Terrain's T/A 265 75-16's. What i was wanting to know would it be necessary to have the computer reprogrammed to get the speedometer correct. Or is there not much difference between the to.

2002 D/A C/C
Indigio Blue/Graphite Cloth Seats
Big Run S/S Step Bars
Pioneer XM
Pioneer 200 Watt Amp
Rockord Phosgate Component Speakers

afp
09-14-2002, 21:40
I also changed my factroy 245s for 265s. In a side by side comparision, the 265s are much larger than the 245s. It cost me about $80 to get my computer reflashed with the speedo correction. I had to argue with the Service dept to do this. They said they didn't know if there was a 265 calibration for my truck. I argued there msut be since 265s are an optional factory size, and what would the factoy offer a size they couldn't calibrate for? I was right, and my speedo is spot on.

Blaine

imported_
09-14-2002, 22:22
afp

How far was your speedo off with the 265's. Iam just trying to get a basic idea.. Or if anyone else wants to chime in feel free to do so. :D

Boof
09-14-2002, 22:51
Fishin,
I did the same thing, the dealer got it to within 3% which is based on kind of a sliding scale.
So basically its 3 mph at 100 mph. Without the ajustment the error was between 7% and 10% I was told.

mdrag
09-15-2002, 00:15
fishingn,

Welcome to TDP forums. You may want to check to see if your leaf spring isolators are in place - they have been known to fall off and have been the source of various noises, usually described as a slapping noise...it's very easy to check to see if there is a plastic or rubber separator at the end of the leaf springs.

There were posts in the past indicating that GM's official policy was NOT to reprogram Dmax equipped trucks for tire sizes not offered OEM, and NOT to perform trouble shooting on drivetrain/tranny complaints until the OEM wheels/tires were put back on the truck. I have not heard that this has changed :( and it seems the dealers' policy widely varies on this issue...

That being said, many have posted that their dealer reprogramed for different tire combinations, and my service manager offered to reprogram my truck after I changed to larger tires - we'll see...

Good luck.

Moved topic to 2500HD/3500 HD Trucks & Drivetrain forum.