PDA

View Full Version : PO 1656 ?

DA BIG ONE
10-21-2004, 23:55
PO1656 Can any of you help me with this one? I know it has something to do with the turbo controller circuit.

???

KevinsOffroad.com
10-22-2004, 06:30
Try replacing the vacuum solenoid that actuates the turbo wastegate. My code went away immediately. Part is around $30 at the dealer...but don't have p/n here in front of me. It's located on top of the rear of the drivers side valve cover and has one two-wire connector and one two-hose connector on it.

HTH,
Kevin

DA BIG ONE
10-22-2004, 07:45
Originally posted by KevinsOffroad.com:
Try replacing the vacuum solenoid that actuates the turbo wastegate. My code went away immediately. Part is around $30 at the dealer...but don't have p/n here in front of me. It's located on top of the rear of the drivers side valve cover and has one two-wire connector and one two-hose connector on it.

HTH,
Kevin I did this already, I now wonder if it is the boost/map sensor mounted on top of the intake manifold that is the problem?

JohnC
10-22-2004, 09:30
Originally posted by DA BIG ONE:
I did this already, I now wonder if it is the boost/map sensor mounted on top of the intake manifold that is the problem? Not ususally. The solenoid is the most likely culprit, followed by the vacuum pump and its associated lines. Also, the wastegate can stiffen up and cause trouble as well. One way to ID the problem is to install a boost gauge. If, right before the problem, the boost starts to creap higher, then for one reason or another, the PCM is having problems limiting the pressure.