PDA

View Full Version : Remote start/turbo timer/keyless entry?

Steve O.
10-22-2004, 09:16
Any reason NOT to have one of these systems put in my '94? I've done some research and several brands of these setups specifically are made to work with glow plug systems and often have built in turbo timers.

I was wondering if anyone on the board had real world experience with these things.

As alway,

Thanks.

Steve

DennisG01
10-22-2004, 10:11
I've been using one for nearly a year and it the best $200 (installed) that I've ever spent!

n3qik
10-22-2004, 18:10
Had one for 2 years, best thing for the truck in winter. I made mine, so it has door lock/unlock, remote start w/ glow plug delay and high idle after 2 min. , alarm , turbo cool down, and pit-stop mode. Took 3 months to build but worth it.

Steve O.
10-22-2004, 18:46
Cool. Thanks guys.

I don't know about making my own...well, yes I do. Which is why the nice people down at the local Tweeter are going to get the job...

This might sound like a dumb question, but is there a problem with the engine running while the block heater is still plugged in? I can't imagine there is, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask. I mean, its just a heating element to the iron block, so there should be no polarity issues or anything goofy like that, correct?

Steve

Kidd
10-23-2004, 16:38
I have been running my truck during cold starts for 5 years with block heater plugged in. No problems, my Diesel Engine supplement folder courtesy of GM recommends this in very cold temps.

K.D.