PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a body lift in their truck?

whatnot
07-04-2004, 15:36
If so, does the engine coolant get hot?

fogg65td
07-07-2004, 08:50
I just recently put a 3 inch body lift in my truck. Didn't have any overheating probs in the past. Haven't drivin my truck much since and now it is gettin painted. I was goin to go with and electric fan setup, but im not sure yet. I talked with a guy who had a body lift in his truck but modified the shroud and never had any problems. Ill have more information in a few weeks and will be hapy to share.

whatnot
07-07-2004, 20:22
If you could get pictures of the shroud I would appreciate it.
My truck just has 3" spacers between the 2 shroud pieces. It gets hot pulling a load on the hills. With the engine idling and the hood open, all the air blows staight up. (I think it is just making a loop around the fan) I put my hand back above the engine and don't feel any wind.
The only thing I thought of to try so far is to cut a piece of plywood the shape of the shroud that is screwed on to close up the gap.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please post them.

fogg65td
07-09-2004, 05:05
I haven't got my setup complete since my truck is apart and prob will be for a few weeks. I think a better setup would be to cut the upper shroud and lower it so it was more centralized around the fan, if that makes sense. One thing about my truck is i have a cowl induction hood which really lowers underhood temps. Once i get up and running id be happy to help u out.