PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a V-Flange and Clamp for a TE06H tommorrow?

mpascino
07-29-2005, 16:36
I just about have the truck back together. Since the turbo and down pipe are off it's time to swap in the TE06H.... Any idea where I can aquire the flange and clamp on a saturday morning? I have called every exhaust shop in the area and have been told I am nuts to think anyone carries anything like that... Does anyone have any napa part numbers or suggestions? Will a 3" header collector work for the flange with some mods? Worst case, I have flare a 3" pipe at work in the 90 ton press, but I am still SOL on the clamp. Any info is appricated.
Thanks,
Mike

DmaxMaverick
07-29-2005, 17:31
Try Freghtliner, Volvo, GMC, Peterbilt, etc. Many of them are open late, and on weekends.

mhagie
07-29-2005, 18:25
mpascino, Can you tell me the numbers off your TEO6H? I want to compare them to the turbo on e-bay to see if it will fit my Banks manifold.
Thanks, Merle

porboyz
07-29-2005, 22:08
The turbo shop that welded my V flange told me it was the same as for a dodge cumins. The turbo T-clamps came with my rebuilt turbo.

grape
07-30-2005, 05:41
www.airflo.com (http://www.airflo.com)

john8662
07-30-2005, 07:33
It's a 3" flange on the turbo, the same that's used on the 6.5TD engine dowpipe. Just go down to your local Chev/CMC dealer and tell them that you have a 94 3/4 ton pickup with the 6.5 turbo engine and you need the downpipe clamp, or exit pipe clamp.

This is probably one of the more pricey ways to get one though.

wthif
07-30-2005, 12:04
I went to airflo.com as per grapes suggestion and thought I was happy until I tried to connect it to my turbo. I knew I was going to have to put the flange on a lathe to get the diameter to match that of the turbo but there was a problem after that, The problem I had after that is the flanges they sent me didn't have a OD of 3" it had a ID of 3" and after putting the flange on the lathe there wasn't much of a lip left on it because of the ID of 3". Also for some reason the v-flange clamp they sent me didn't seem to be a 3" clamp; not sure what happened there. After saying all that airflo.com has very quick turn around and good prices and I will still order bends from them but not sure what happened with the v-flanges.

I would use a press and make your own v-flange if done right you will not have to put it on a lathe to make the diameter match that of the turbo.

All I can say is it will all be fun when you are done.

Trevor Besson
08-02-2005, 06:29
I just bought another flange the other day it was $14 canadian it is made by Nelson filters the part number on it was NEL/89955k.There is another one made by Donaldson filters I believe check on the net to see.Hope this is of some help.This was bought from a Western Star truck dealer.I dont know about the clamp should not be to hard to find. Hope this is not to late http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid180/p73f2ba99846443226a4f7d44586c8cf4/f2ffafd5.jpg