PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a diesel mechanic in Ohio

shamanie
08-01-2005, 10:21
Hey folks, anyone know of a good diesel mechanic in the cleveland area? Thanks

Mods, posted in members forum to no avail. I think it's more appropriate here anyway.

john8662
08-01-2005, 21:15
Hopefully someone on here has had good luck with a competant mechanic in that area. If this is for you or someone you know just call up some local diesel shops in the area and get a feel for what they know. If you mention the 6.2 or 6.5 to them and they spout off that they don't like the engine, or other negative comments, then you know they're not who to deal with. You will have to find someone that likes to work in these engines, and likes to work on GM vehicles, or understands the concepts of troubleshooting one.

Good luck,

What problem are you troubleshooting now?

shamanie
08-16-2005, 17:48
John....Good news. I made it to Akron. Start Law school next monday. I'm having the truck shipped out soon. My girlfriends dad runs the show at airstream which is HQ in Jackson Center, Ohio. I told him what was going on and being that Airstream has mobile homes with diesel engines he has a lot of connections. He is going to find someone for me and get this thing taken care of. I will have a 30 minute commute from downtown Cleveland and in the dead of winter the last thing I am going to need is a breakdown. We will get it figured out...and worst case scenario, I need a new engine, maybe you can recommend a powerhouse for me?

Thanks for all your help John. Looks like I won't have to whore myself afterall. tongue.gif

john8662
08-17-2005, 17:25
Glad to see things are looking up!

Hopefully they'll find you a good diesel mechanic that knows enough about diesel's in general to troubleshoot the 6.2, hopefully you find one that really knows the 6.2 well.

Hopefully you won't need a new engine, your current engine just needs some tweeking it sounds like.

Good luck!