PDA

View Full Version : Source For Injector Lines?

Duncan Sterling
08-02-2005, 04:30
So far, with 118k on the clock, my injector pump and injectors are hanging in there.

Sooner or later though, I'm going to have to replace the injectors and the IP, which brings up my question: my old injector lines are looking pretty rusty and tired, and I'm thinking at least one or two may break when I pull the injectors.

So if I need new lines, where can I get them? I called Team Chevrolet in Nebraska, but they said there was no listing for my 91 Suburban 6.2, and that the early lines (up to '87) were due to be phased out within the next few months, so I'd better get 'em now if I want a set.

Can new lines be fabricated? Are aftermarket lines available? Do they have to be matched to the pump and injectors? Will "early" lines work with my injectors and IP?

TIA for any and all advice!

--Duncan

john8662
08-02-2005, 04:52
You're probably not going to find lines in the aftermarket, and making these lines is not going to end up in having a good set because the lines are balanced, in that they are the same length. As for ordering a set of lines, the earlier lines will work just fine. The difference is really with the injectors in the 91 suburban, because the short body injectors are used.

Using the earlier injector lines won't be a problem, you'll be able to position them and make a connection with the injectors and the pump, even though the injector is shorter, it'll move in.

So, if you can get the older style injector lines, you're doing good.

Subzilla
08-03-2005, 07:36
Also, keep an eye on Ebay. You'll ocassionaly see these pop up.

Hansh
08-04-2005, 18:25
Check with Peninsular Engine in MI. They are an advertiser on this fourm.