PDA

View Full Version : Convert cassette to CD

turbovair
10-23-2004, 09:09
I know this is off topic, but does anybody have any relative input about swapping a factory AM/FM Cassette for a factory AM/FM CD player in a 96 truck. I would like to obtain a factory unit, that would look original and not attract unwanted attention.I want to avoid an aftermarket unit if at all possible. My main question is:
If I am able to locate a used serviceable unit, how or can the THEFTLOCK system be "unlocked" on the new unit so it will function in my truck?
Thanx,
Tvair

Fredeberle
10-23-2004, 11:49
Tvair,
I bought one off Ebay 6 months ago. $100.00
The guy had disabled it when he took it out.
Went right in mine and works fine.

CareyWeber
10-23-2004, 11:57
Originally posted by Fredeberle:
Tvair,
I bought one off Ebay 6 months ago. $100.00
The guy had disabled it when he took it out.
Went right in mine and works fine. Fredeberle,

What do you mean by disabled??

Carey

arrowheadracing
10-23-2004, 13:16
You can find them on ebay pretty cheap. In fact, I am going to pull my unit soon. I have the cassette with remote cd player. So if your interested in them let me now. I ll gladly let them go. If you have the cd delete pocket , I need one. Maybe we can work out a exchange plus some $. But as far as the theft lock, you can go to the dealer and they can reset it. Once they reset it, you can choose your own personal code and set it to that. If you go that route, let me know and I can tell you how to do it.

Good luck
Todd

Fredeberle
10-24-2004, 04:57
Carey,
He seems to have eliminated his code for theft lock and said to take it to dealer if I wanted a new code installed.
Fred

turbovair
10-26-2004, 10:33
Currently trying to buy one on Ebay,but thanks for the offer.If I strike out,I'll keeep you in mind.

CareyWeber
10-26-2004, 12:47
I have thought of buying a newer radio off Ebay or a yard, but I worry that with the theif lock I would end up with a usless radio.

My radio works, but must of the button/knob lights are burned out.

Carey