PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum controled fanclutch

Peter J. Bierman
09-05-2005, 02:41
On my way to the Eurorendezvous my fanclutch locked up and would not let go anymore :mad: .
This coused so much vibration that my max drivable RPM became 2200 alowing only a 100 KM/H cruise.
On the campsite I removed the clutch and fan and could drive the truck if I took it easy on the throttle.

One of the attenders offered me a vacuum controlled fanclutch for free only to pickup.

Anybody has any experiance with these, seems ok to have a clutch that one can put on or off but thoes these spin the fan when no vacuum is aplied or is this competly running free?
No fan is really affecting the performance of the intercoolers and thereby performance.

Need advice one this one

Peter

Ratau
09-15-2005, 05:22
Peter

It sound like something similar than the old electric clutch used in the older French cars. Do you know what device controls it?

rugger
09-15-2005, 16:55
Peter, It is probally a humvee hydraulic fan clutch. If you have a picture of it i can confirm it for you. I believe it is designed to disengage the fan when the humvee is in fording mode. I am looking at the posibilities of running this on my M1009. Hope this helps. I have a web page book marked with some info on them but i can't find it right now, will post it up when i do.

Cheers,
erik

Peter J. Bierman
09-16-2005, 11:13
I'll get it for free so it won't hurt to pick it up right?

As soon as I have it, I'll post more details on it.

Peter

Peter J. Bierman
10-02-2005, 11:48
To get the blazer back on the road, I'd put in a used stock clutch for now.
To make the fan and clutch more accesable I sawed a hatch in the fanshroud.
I can now take out the fan in 10 minutes and only need to unscrew 6 little bolds the get there :D

Thats a whole lot better then the 2.5 hours we needed at the campground!!

Stil want to go for the controlled clutch, but at least I am driving again!

Peter