PDA

View Full Version : cyl head temps

mhagie
09-05-2005, 11:58
I know everyone says the front of the head runs cooler than the rear, but my experience is the opposite.
I am running the factory sender in stock location a mechanical gauge with sender in heater hose outlet on t/stat housing and a electronic sender in left cyl head bypass plate and the rear of the head is running consistently 10* COOLER than the other temp points.
The factory and the machanical temps mirror each other so I doubt gauge error.
Today ran a 50 mile RT and watched temps run from 192*-205* W/robert Shaw 195 stat running speeds anywhere from 55-65 made no difference temps would climb on any pull of any kind.
Have the pennisular high flow 6.2 pump but only single stat wonder if that might be part of it?
Merle
PS these temps were with a unloaded truck pulling nada,who knows how high they would go if loaded.
BTY how much help could one expect if I went to a remote oil cooler and eliminated radiator cooler?

[ 09-05-2005, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: mhagie ]

john8662
09-05-2005, 13:06
Perhaps someone else on here could help to verify this (the Penn hi-flow water pump w/ only one stat).

Someone with the stock waterpump and a R/S 180 or 195 and see what happens measuring in the same places that you're measuring from.

In stock form, I was used to the temps climbing quickly when "getting on it" or pulling, but that was only with the stock dash gauge, not real precise in measuring a difference.

Maybe this is just normal?