PDA

View Full Version : IP/Throttle Cable Blues

painthorsman
07-25-2003, 23:35
Can anyone out there tell me where I can get a replacement bushing and clip that goes on/retains the cable eye to the injection pump throttle shaft of a 6.2?... seems I've lost these parts during the overhaul somehow (happens when you have an engine apart for a long time and someone moves parts around on you). As a result, my throttle cable has a lot of slop and wont stay on the pump linkage.
Is there a GM part #? Stanedyne#? The local dealer looks at me like I'm stupid or something (maybe he's right)

EWC
07-26-2003, 08:25
Unfortunately that little plastic tube only comes with the cable . The clip might be available as a carb linkage clip at a parts store .

britannic
07-26-2003, 21:21
I have a bunch of new clips, because you can't buy them in less than 10 at a time from GM. I can mail you one if you'd like.

painthorsman
07-27-2003, 09:15
Britannic,
Thanks... my e mail address is pnthorse@nalu.net. Send me a e mail and I'll give you the house address. What do you want for the clip... gladly pay you for one! Do you have any ideas for the bushing for the cable eye/throttle shaft? I'd hate to buy a new cable just cause I'm missing the bushing...
Scott

britannic
07-27-2003, 22:27
BTW, I have an excellent slightly used Banks T04B turbo (I read the wanted ad in your sig) if its of interest.

britannic
07-28-2003, 16:26
You can get an original GM cable (GM Part #:14038644, but check your own application to confirm part #) from www.gmpartsdirect.com (http://www.gmpartsdirect.com) for $12.34 plus shipping. The list price is $21.65. Unless you can find someone who has the bush lying around, I don't know where you can get one without the cable.

Your clip should arrive at your home by the end of this week.