PDA

View Full Version : turbo configurations

axle-chassis
07-28-2003, 11:51
I'm trying to get an idea of the layout and dimmesions vs stock of the various turbo setups available for the 6.2/6.5. Which is more compact which sticks out where and how much. If someone has some pictures posted somewhere that would be great.
Also is the banks setup the best one for a stock engine?

mhagie
07-28-2003, 12:55
I have a 84 cab with the banks set up which is on the pass manifold front side.
Factory 6.5 turbo is mounted further back,so it depends on your clearences, 6.5 turbo lines up back edge at approx #6 injector with a verticle down pipe, the banks pipe runs horizontal along the injectors angles down between #6&8.
If you need measurements let me know and I can give you the ones for a banks.

axle-chassis
07-28-2003, 15:21
do you know about how much wider over the stock na manifolds the banks turbo needs? Do you know of any pics around on the web?

mhagie
07-28-2003, 19:17
I took a few pics during the install process of the Banks give me a e-mail address and I'll send them to you.
For pics on a 6.5 go to www.kennedydiesel.com (http://www.kennedydiesel.com) look under engines ,used click on pic and scroll it shows a pic of a 2000 6.5 complete and a good shot of turbo side of engine.
I'd post the pics here but I quite frankly don't know how to attatch pics to this web site. :(

axle-chassis
07-29-2003, 02:29
Thanks my e-mail is stinson48@hotmail.com.
The more I study this one I'm sure to get a turbo to work for my application it would have to be a custom fabrication. I'll probably stick to the known quantity and run a na engine which would suit this application fine. I've got a 2" body on my rig which might make it easier to fab the plumbing for a turbo down the road.